Here is the newest Edition to our family. Her name is Zoe. She is 5 days older then Wyatt. She is a German Shorthair Pointer. The kids got her from Santa Clause on Christmas Morning. She is my newest frustration, because i have to potty train her. Just a little bit different from potty training a kid. Though the Kids love her. If anyone has any pointers on training her i would LOVE to hear them. i think i'm doning okay and then i find small surprises around the house. HELP anyone?




2 comments:
Hey girl, my question for you is....Are you kennel training too? We just potty trained our boxer and the best thing I could tell you is to just watch her and when she starts sniffing on the floor, jump up and take her outside. We have a doggy door, so we had to show Brogan how to use that. I know some people don't agree with this and I am sure you've heard about it, but we would rub Brogan's nose in her "potty" if she wet on the floor. He soon came to the realization that it wasn't fun to have his nose mashed in the carpet. We were unsuccessful with the trainging pads....our puppy just wanted to chew on it, but you could always try that. But for the most part, it is just keeping an eye on her and racing her outside when she acts like she might potty. When she goes potty outside, praise her and give her a treat. I hope all is well with the family, good luck with the potty training! I'll be asking for your help when we potty train Bryson! Talk to you soon!
he he! Ethan is stinkin' cute! What a great helper... I think??? As for the pup, I'm just jealous :0) My mother in law had these little doggy pee pee pads that she put by the back door and in the garage. I'm not sure if they have a attracting smell for the pups, its worth looking into.
Post a Comment